Sunday, November 02, 2008

The Awesome k d lang

Last weekend my friend and I attended a concert at the Alys Stephens Center. My androgynous, shapeless, lesbian icon princess . . . k d lang was front and center.

I was very disappointed that the hall was not filled to capacity. Don't Birminghamians know how special this performer is? Geez. She is so exquisite. When she stepped onto the stage in her bare feet well . . . she had me at hello. So unpretentious.

She sang with effortless grace. You just wanted to hold your breath for each song. The set was perfect. 90 minutes. Two of my favorites which are considered signature tunes were Constant Craving and Miss Chatelaine. I sang along with her and danced in my seat. Fun!! My favorite new song is -The Valley- a song off of her Hymns of the 49th Parallel CD. Actually it's an old tune because it's been out for several years (2004). Darn, where have I been??! I don't care, it sounded like a classic to me. I was a wee bit disappointed that she didn't sing the Roy Orbison song CRYING. But, hey, it was a wonderful concert and last week I loaded my iPod with k d lang tunes to sing and dance to.

And I will.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Zinavo Technologies is a famous web design and development organization.We having many experienced website designers and developers in the field of developing the websites in Joomla,Magento,Wordpress, PHP and we treats every client with same level of consideration.
Website Design Companies | Website Designing Company

10:51 PM  
Blogger Zinavo-Web Design | Web Development | SEO | Mobile Apps | ERP/CRM said...

Excellent information with unique content and it is very useful to know about the information based on blogs Web Design Agency in Bangalore | Top and Best Web Design Company in Bangalore | Website Designing Companies in Bangalore

6:21 AM  
Blogger Freya said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:47 AM  
Blogger tech zone said...

Really awesome blog. Your blog is really useful for me. Thanks for sharing this informative blog. Keep update your blog. putlocker

10:17 PM  
Blogger d said...

Ball Blast Mod
be the best decision.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home