Sunday, March 29, 2009

Comparing Two Styles of Lino Block Cuts



We're three months into the new year. I've said it before and I'll say it again: So much to do; so little time!

The linoleum block illustrations that I'm developing for my CAGB grant are coming along nicely. I'm encouraged that I'll have a complete portfolio of work by the end of the grant year-September 09. In recent weeks, I've noticed that my "style" of cutting the blocks is changing. My signature style includes lots of organic swirls and movement in the negative space. Lately, tho, I seem to want to eliminate all of the linoleum material that is not directly related to the main subject. It's a very minimalist approach. I'm not prepared, yet, to completely embrace and adapt this style. I think that my graphic narrative of relief prints WALK IN THE DIRECTION YOU' GOIN' IN, needs to show consistency in my final presentation. However, I believe that I'll be able to find a way to incorporate this minimalist look. The two styles are posted. Which do you prefer?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home