Sunday, August 05, 2007

MacIntosh OS Mayhem

I love my MacIntosh computer. However, my home OS system has been down for nearly one month and I have not been a happy camper.

I'm a Mac OS (that's "operating system" for those of you who are Mac challenged) diehard so there's no need to suggest that I consider a PC. Over the past few weeks, I have been at the end of my rope trying to figure out what to do and how to do it. . .with regard to getting my system back up and running. I'm a great designer (and I say that with the utmost humility) but when it comes to the tech stuff, I'm like a fish out of water. None of it makes sense. And for me to function at full capacity it HAS to make sense.

I'm unable to pinpoint the exact day or time when my trouble started. I knew that I had a problem -a REAL problem- when I had to call APPLE CARE more than twice in one evening. The technician would talk me thru a troubleshooting phase and each time that I thought that the problem was resolved, invariably something else would go wacky as soon as I hung up the phone. It's been a roller coaster ride and then some. I had the option of taking my system to the new APPLE Store located right here in Birmingham, at the Summit, but I am intensely loyal to the authorized Apple technicians at PERRY COMPUTING in Homewood. These guys care. I like the fact that they know me. Anyway, last week it came down to erasing the hard drive. Ugh!

The deed has been done. My computer has been returned to me. So far, so good. Hopefully, I can get back on track. Unfortunately, I've lost every bookmark/address and will have to rebuild my list but if that's all that I have to do, it's a small price to pay.

I've been so distracted with my computer that I've lost precious time cutting new lino blocks for next art show. I'll be an exhibitor at the Bluff Park Art Festival, Bluff Park, on Saturday, October 6th. Time to get busy!!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home