Saturday, March 10, 2007

Catching up!


I didn't think that managing a blog would be soooooo time consuming. It seemed simple enough. Write a narrative or two about something (in my case) art related, post an image; maybe two or three and then sign off until the next time. Problem is. . .life gets in the way.

I'm employed with the city and I spend eight hours a day sitting in front of a computer. The last thing on my list of things to do, when I get home, is to sit in front of another computer! However, once I get my second wind I have to admit that this blog thingy is addictive.

Since my last entry, I've given a Brown Bag art talk on my needlepoint canvases. The turnout was great and I hope to find other venues to talk about my needlepoint art and to display the work. I'm working hard these days to cut new lino blocks. The ONB/Magic City Art Festival is six weeks away and I intend to be ready. Thank goodness for income tax refunds. I need to have several prints professionally framed and now I have a cushion to work with. The image that I've posted is one of a young boy playing with string. The title is "Cat's Cradle." I've cut six linoleum blocks with young boys playing as the main focus. Last year, I didn't have one image of a boy in my portfolio. Now I have too many! I admit, I've gone a little overboard.

My favorite local slide processing shop has closed. I hate it. A number of juried art competitions still request slides to preview. Not having a local shop to process slide film puts a lot of us at a disadvantage. Luckily, I took fourteen of my prints in several weeks ago to have slides and dupes made. I think that I have enough to hold me for a while. But, where will I go? what will I do for the new prints that I'll create? Bummer. Digital pics are a curse and a blessing, I suppose.

I have a terrible cold. Or, maybe it's a sinus infection. I don't know, I just want it to be over. The sun is out, the weather is great and all I want to do is lock my door, pull the blinds and curl up on the couch in the den and sleep (with the remote in my hand, of course). I'm really tired of coughing and sneezing. My nose is sore. Until next time. . .

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home