Saturday, May 26, 2007

Welcome, June!



I know, I know. It's not June yet. But it might as well be. This holiday weekend is a welcome break from all of my May activities. I've been moving non-stop for the past six weeks preparing for Magic City, painting needlepoint canvases and preparing for commencement. At this moment, I'm sitting in my studio eating bon-bon's and basking in the after glow of my son's graduation from college, last weekend. Friends and family gathered in Atlanta to celebrate and, I must say, a good time was had by all! The crowning moment, for me, was when my Prince arrived at the luncheon that I was hosting for him. He entered the banquet room, grinning from ear to ear, with his entourage of friends. Impeccably dressed in a tailored charcoal gray suit, crisp white shirt, and silk power tie, he stands exactly 6' 5" and uses every inch of his height when "working" a room - charming doesn't begin to describe him. 47 attendees stood and applauded, chanted his name in unison, patted him on his back, shook his hand and kissed his cheeks as he made his way towards me . . .and handed me his degree. It was a Kodak moment if ever there was one. In two months, he'll begin the next chapter of his life as a law student. Yes, his mama is all puffed up and as proud as can be!

Okay, here's the update on the art happenings! The ONB/Magic City Art Festival last month was GREAT! I'm now focusing every waking hour preparing for my next venue which will take place on Saturday and Sunday, June 2nd and June 3rd. It's ART IN THE GARDENS located in Hoover, at the Aldridge Botanical Gardens. I'm posting my mailer. If you're in Birmingham next week-end, stop by Aldridge Botanical Gardens and say hi. I'll be set up in the Pavillion area. Oh, and as always . . . pray for sunshine and blue skies.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home