Sunday, October 21, 2007

Work in Progress



I'm making slow but steady progress on my newest needlepoint canvas. I feel like I should have more to show for my effort, but that's not the case. These two images which I've posted show how the purple hull peas are starting to take shape in the washtub. If you go back to the previous post, you can read up on the project.

I'm working on 18 count canvas, a teeny-tiny mesh. So if I stitch one square inch of canvas that's a total of 324 holes (per square inch)!! It takes me about one hour to stitch one square inch . . .that's if I'm not interrupted by a phone call or a by a crazy woodpecker banging away on the soffit of my house. I'm at my wits end trying to keep the little winged devil from damaging the wood. Why my house? Geez. Today I noticed where the paint has been chipped away and a circular pattern, about the size of a half dollar, is showing exposed wood. I'm not happy about this. Enough is enough!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home