Sunday, May 09, 2010

R.I.P. "Bob" Hamberg


Robert M. Hamberg died last month.
He was a family friend and the godfather of my son, Jason.
I'd known Bob 40 plus years. He knew who I was and where I came from. He knew family and history and watched me grow from a teenager to college grad to wife and mother. Although he had siblings and many relatives, my daughter was the first infant who he held to feed. Forty years had passed and we could still smile about that one shared moment.

He held Jason, in 1985, when he was baptized and held him again, in 2007, when Jason graduated from Morehouse. Family and history.

Bob retired from the U.S. Air Force.
He wasn't a doctor or a lawyer. He wasn't an engineer. He never attended college. He never sailed the Riviera or vacationed in Martinique. He was simply a man of integrity and warmth who laughed out loud and loved life and family and history.

Robert M. Hamberg. I will miss him.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so Glad to see this posted.I remember him putting that suit together i think he had shoes to match. Bob was a Really niced guy. Always willing to go above and beyond to help others.And always was dressed nicely.i met Bob 18yrs ago. He might have been on this 4th Caddy by then It's So Hard to write this. When i Spoke to him Last he was in Good Health. I Miss Bob soooo Much. .Thanks Again for Posting this Picture

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home