Monday, September 07, 2009

Blue Ribbon


This is my second 1st Place Blue Ribbon Award this year.

The award was presented last Thursday night, September 3rd, in Columbiana, Alabama at the 1st Annual Shelby County Arts Council Juried Art Exhibition. These awards always catch me completely off guard and this one was totally unexpected.

I entered two block prints.
The linoleum block relief print entitled "Peaches" was selected as the blue ribbon winner in the Printmaking category. This print and several selected works of art will be shown in a traveling exhibition, over the next two months, throughout Greater Birmingham. The juror of the SCAC Art Exhibition was Scott Stephens, a printmaker and Professor of Art at the University of Montevallo.

My CAGB grant year is coming to an end. My final report will be presented by September 30th. I hope to post the images and my narrative: "WALK IN THE DIRECTION YOU' GOIN' IN." In recent months, I've had the good fortune of learning how to create a DVD using iMovie and GuitarBand on my Mac. Two applications that have been at my fingertips for as long as I've owned a Mac (which has been forever). However, I've never explored these apps until this year, so you can imagine how excited I am in putting my original art and original music together to create a DVD showcasing my CAGB images.

Before I forget, mark your calendar for the Annual Bluff Park Art Show, Saturday, October 3, 2009.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Rajesh said...

Acesofech is a Kolkata based professional website Design Company which has been providing, web design, web development and search engine optimization services at affordable prices. The company has been serving to local, national and international customers with its excellent quality services. The Kolkata web design company is here to serve you too at most competitive prices.Kolkata web Design

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home