Sunday, July 27, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!!


I celebrated my birthday on Friday, July 25th.

I've reached a milestone.

This is the birthday where I looked in the mirror and (with a smile on my lips and laughter in my heart) had to honestly admit to myself that "I have turned into my mother!" I remember laughing with my mom many, many years ago when she looked into the mirror and had declared on her fifty-something birthday that SHE had turned into her mother. Thinking about that moment makes me laugh out loud. My mom passed into spirit on April 30, 1997. I miss her. I think of her every day.

I received a number of lovely gifts and cards. My daughter surprised me with a beautiful vintage botanical print which she found in Ann Arbor a few weeks ago. I'm posting a picture of the print. You will, also, see a delicious individual cake that my friend Donna presented to me. It's too pretty to cut. Look at the sunflowers! You probably can't read the script along the bottom. It reads: Happy Birthday to my BFF! It was a nice surprise. Unexpected surprises are the best!

I drove to Atlanta on Saturday (26th) to spend the day with my son. He and I made our way downtown to the Georgia World Congress Center to see the sampling of fine art offered at the NBAF Artists' Market.
I was particularly interested in the sculpture of George Nock a former running back with the NY Jets and the Washington Redskins. My friend, John Sims, had a beautiful display of his work.

Late afternoon, we enjoyed a meal at a restaurant in Atlantic Station. Nice.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home