Sunday, November 12, 2006

A beautifully framed lino block print!


I want to share with you a lino block print that I created, entitled "Pickin' ", which was purchased by a new patron. This print is 8" x 10" and is one of my favorite pieces. My patron was kind enough to take photos of the art after it had been framed. It's now hanging in his home gallery. The silver frame which he selected is stunning! Never, in a million years, would I have considered a silver frame.



He definitely has me thinking outside of the box now, with regard to frame selections. I'm so pleased that he gave me permission to post these photos. A heart felt "thanks" to him.





The image was first created as a needlepoint, a couple of years ago, and is one of a number of needlepoint canvases that falls under "The Sharecropper" series. Why do artists always work in series?? The needlepoint took forever to complete (almost 16 months). It was one of those projects that I loved when I started and then got tired of it. I needed instant gratification, and it was dragging on waaaaaaay too long!


I finally buckled down and decided that I needed to stop being distracted by so many other projects and I focused on it's completion, exclusively. A local craftsman handcrafted a custom frame from aged, oak barnwood. The overall size of the framed needlepoint canvas is 3' x 3'. It's impressive (if I may say so) and very heavy.

I may revisit this image, again, in another form. I'd like to see it as kitchen tile(s), a quilt, a silk scarf. . .so little time; so much to do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home